occasional thoughts

occasional thoughts

Thursday, August 18, 2011

ear bolts?

Issue number four of Vinyl Poetry should be up very soon. I have a poem appearing in there, and I am very honored to. For now check out their site Vinyl Poetry. They have published some great work so far, and are run by the nicest editor one could ever hope to meet! Also I’m very excited to be doing a show with one of the co-founding editors very soon. Gregory Sherl is having a book release party on September 15th at the Funky Buddha in Boca. The Panda Platypus Poets (aka my ‘crew’) are opening the show for him. This is page meets stage, at its best.
Onto other things. The National Poetry Slam 2011. What a cruel mistress you were. I had one of the best, and worst, weeks of my life there. I was repping Delray Beach, Florida (Team Dada), and we placed 42nd out of 76 teams. We brought our heart and soul to the tournament and got shit on by the judges. Oh well, they say it’s about the poetry, anyway, and there was lots of that. More performance than poetry, but either way it was very entertaining. I also had an opportunity to take part in a rookie showcase before a semi-final bout. Out of all the rookies at Nats three were chosen for the showcase. It was very cool. I also met a shit load of awesome people. This probably should have been first. Most everyone I met was welcoming, and very nice. Can’t wait for Charlotte. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment